At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis on process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. BASF is always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Production Operator 2nd Shift – (2001299) - Fenton, MO
BASF Pest Control Solutions, providing the professional pest management industry with better solutions for more effective and efficient pest control, is seeking an entry level, full-time, Production Operator at our St. Louis plant, located in Fenton, MO in South West St. Louis County! This is a great opportunity to join our team working in a challenging and dynamic manufacturing environment. Production & Technical Services team members work together to ensure that production processes run smoothly in order meet customer demands. The Production team, which includes operators, technicians, supervisors, and specialists with varying backgrounds, ensures that our plant operates in a safe, efficient, and sustainable manner. This position will be hands-on manufacturing including interfacing with products and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to setup, operate, monitor and adjust production related equipment to assure safe equipment operation and product quality.
- Be knowledgeable of and follow all Environmental, Health, and Safety practices
- Execution of daily activities ensuring production deadlines are met in a safe and timely manner
- Participate in job related training.
- Ability of being crossed trained in other work-related areas and processes.
- Follow SOP as required by job assignments.
- Assist in equipment inspections and calibration.
- Identification if equipment malfunctions and maintenance notifications.
- Housekeeping and 5S sustainability.
- Control product quality through communicating item damage or off spec condition that exist to QC.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of production experience
- Intermediate Computer skills
- Mechanically inclined
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Apply on company website