At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Marketing Communications Specialist – Amherst, NY
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an individual to be responsible for developing and executing internal and external marketing and communications strategies to support industry sector and sales goals for the Watson Bowman Acme business, as well as support BASF corporate marketing and communications goals. Working closely as part of the WBA marketing team, you will act as a strategic advisor on communications activities, developing and implementing communications plans that align with sector strategies, integrated customer strategy, digital media and overall company goals.
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education in Business, Marketing or Communications and your skills in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat, you will develop compelling, search-optimized messaging and content for marketing materials, including online/social content, e-mail campaigns, video scripts, presentations, press releases, brochures and other communications.
- Your understanding of digital marketing, social media trends and best practices will be essential as you perform day-to-day social media updates and enhancements to support marketing strategy and optimize customer experience and assist with social media content publishing, community management.
- Your ability to establish and maintain relationships with outside vendors and other relevant audiences will be vital as you contribute to the management of outside vendors to help oversee the creation, production and inventory of digital assets, literature, technical data sheets and tradeshow/event properties.
- Utilizing your strong attention to detail, you will oversee the translation process to ensure technical and promotional materials are available to support French and Spanish speaking audiences.
- Your superior communication and interpersonal skills will be a valued asset as you support the Company's Trade Show and Events program with the planning and execution of tradeshows, customer-facing events and employee conferences, ensuring alignment with corporate strategy and event objectives.
- Demonstrating your ability to effectively manage time and workload against priorities and objectives, you will handle calls, coordinate interviews, collecting details to be able to turn this into publicly available digital content and project successes. Successfully engaging across the team, you will work with communication colleagues to ensure brand consistency.
Apply on company website