At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Logistic Planner I – Charlotte, NC – 2100625
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces, and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants, and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction coatings, adhesives, cellulosics and composites, and paper manufacturing. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
For further information about the Dispersions & Resins business in North America, please visit http://www.basf.us/dpsolutions.
The individual in this role will be primarily responsible for the day to day operations and load management for the Bulk Truck Shipments. In addition, this role will be responsible for day to day transportation transactions and will maintain existing KPIs to monitor our carriers service and to control our costs. Individual will have direct interaction with third party vendors and our end customers. They will be expected to lead onboarding calls and discussions with these strategic partners. This position will be expected to take those KPIs and their day to day experience to discover and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
Formula for Success
- Thousands of Bulk Shipments go across our network every year. This position will oversee making sure that we not only meet but surpass internal and external customer expectations while trying to control our costs. This job will also have a primary responsibility to provide and maintain KPIs to note service levels and continuous improvement opportunities.
- This position will require decision making on day to day transportation issues and the ability to work within a team. Expectations are that most process improvement ideas and cost decisions over a predetermined threshold will be vetted with the rest of the team and management.
- In this role you be expected to interact with Transportation and 3PL team colleagues – verify services and rates, Transportation procurement, Customer support and sales :work closely with these areas for timely resolution and procedural issues, Carriers/3PL Providers – will work with all these groups and their team lead to fix any discrepancies, timing issues, etc.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Transportation and Supply Chain knowledge preferred
- Analytical skills
- Detailed and persistent
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Knowledge in PowerBI, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs, and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website