At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Inspection Coordinator - 2100945 - Freeport, TX
In this position the ideal candidate will coordinate and lead the plant's mechanical integrity programs as it relates to stationary equipment, piping and relief valves, via the execution of inspections and tests. Additionally, it ensures compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local inspection and testing requirements. The position also supports capital and expense project by performing or coordinating Quality Control and Vendor Surveillance inspections as requested.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of contract examiners and inspectors to execute routine, shutdown, and turnaround inspections and tests on stationary equipment and piping
- Plan and schedule inspection work based upon the PM/PdM schedule, including support crafts, such as scaffolding and insulation. This includes containment inspections for PSM Instruments.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise, including coaching and mentoring of contractors, to ensure inspections, tests and reporting are in accordance with corporate, federal, state, and local inspection and testing requirements as follows:
- Visual Inspections (VT), Ultrasonic Thickness (UT), Ultrasonic Shear Wave Ultrasonic (UTSW), Ultrasonic Flaw Detection (UTFD), Eddy Current Tube Testing (ET), Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Radiography (RT), B Scans, C Scans, Guided Wave Technology, etc.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise, and ensure compliance with inspection and repair codes/procedures including:
- API 510
- API 570
- API 653
- Review and authenticate inspection reports to ensure accuracy. Analyze Inspection results and findings. Make recommendations based upon results of as-found condition, including repair recommendations, the need for additional NDT testing, and re-inspection intervals. Issue reports in accordance with internal procedures.
- Maintain the Inspection Reporting database including set up of new inspections, results of inspections, re-inspection frequencies, schedules, due/overdue, etc.
- Coordinate offsite inspections of process equipment such as heat exchangers, vessels, tanks, and other fabricated equipment. Coordinate or document vendor surveillance inspections for new equipment, including, are compliance to engineering specifications, dimensions, nozzle orientation, lining integrity, etc
- Participate in failure investigations and analysis, problem solving activities associated stationary equipment and piping.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Inspection Certifications like API 510, API 570, API 653.
- Experience with pressure relief device inspection and audits
- Proficient with SAP.
- Additional inspection certifications .
- Experience qualifying for ASME code equipment and certifications.
- Shop foreman experience.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
All positions at Freeport, TX require all candidates to either possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Apply on company website