At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. We are always working to form the best team through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2020. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future.
Who Are We?
As the leading global chemical supplier for the personal care, home care, industrial and institutional cleaning industries, and technical applications in the agrochemical industry, BASF Care Chemicals is focused on partnering with customers to create innovative solutions with great speed and agility to meet the current and future needs of society in a more sustainable way. We are proud to contribute to the long-term success of our customers' brands by offering a broad range of products and concepts such as common household items, like cosmetics, detergents and cleaners, as well as industrial products and processes like crop protection, rubber belts, hoses, concrete, and metal plating.
At Care Chemicals, we not only care about supporting our customers and achieving strong business results; we care about our team members. We aim to create a motivating, inspiring and inclusive work environment where all team members feel supported, heard and developed. Being part of our team means showing up every day to work collaboratively across functions to win for the overall success of the team. We value bringing diverse perspectives and backgrounds together to stretch our teams to think differently, challenge the status quo and problem solve for the greater good of our customers and society.
Come, be a part of our team and create Care chemistry with us.
Head of Communications and Sustainability, Care Chemicals – Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens…
As Communications and Sustainability Lead, Care Chemicals, you lead communications and sustainability for the Care Chemicals North America business unit. You advise the SVP and the leadership team on strategic external and internal communications and lead sustainability topics. Additionally, you represent Care Chemicals in the BASF North America Communications community, coordinating with country and site communicators in North America, and liaising with the Global Care Chemicals Communications team to ensure effective messaging.
Formula for Success…
- Demonstrating your strong leadership ability and experience managing large and virtual teams, you will lead, manage, and inspire a communication and sustainability team which implements the Care Chemicals communication and sustainability priorities in a fast, innovative and impactful manner
- Successfully engaging within and outside of the organization, you and your team are strategic partners with internal and external stakeholders - participating in upfront strategy design, roll-out and influencing communication and sustainability initiatives
- Your excellent command of verbal and written communications is essential as you develop and support crisis communication plans, addressing key regional communication risks in coordination with relevant stakeholders in the countries and the communications function; you will also prepare and support your team in position papers, media responses as a part of issue management.
- Leveraging your experience working in public relations, project management, or marketing, you will coordinate Care Chemicals marketing communications, in close collaboration and partnership with the Business Management VP's, inclusive of leading the development of marketing communications plans and budget, its implementation and budget supervision
- Showcasing your strong creative and conceptual abilities (planning, analytical, creative, client and goal oriented), you will drive effective and engaging internal communications; this includes driving concept and preparation of events, such as townhall meetings and coffee chats, as well as messages from leadership (written, digital/video, etc.); you will create and implement effective internal employee communications strategies to drive employee engagement and cultural change across Care Chemicals in North America, in partnership with the Care Chemicals NA HR Team
- Your sound project and event management skills (i.e. ability to set guidelines and deadlines, manage budgets, etc.) will contribute to your selection and steering of internal and external service providers, supporting the implementation and further development of global and regional communications
- Utilizing your In-depth knowledge in social media, along with your strong digital marketing skills, you will lead the strategic further development of communications for the NA Care Chemicals, devising concepts and steering their implementation (in digital and social media marketing, for example)
- Relying on your experience with sustainability as a part of the customer relationship and/or marketing efforts leveraging sustainability as a unique value proposition, you will be a leading partner with sustainability counterparts at the customer side, driving sustainable solutions and dialogues that contribute to sales growth
- You will oversee Care Chemicals global sustainability projects around Carbon Management, Sustainable Solutions Steering, Bio Task force, Sustainable Procurement, Product Carbon Footprint, etc. and derive and manage specific implementation for Care Chemicals North America like Customer Sustainability Workshops and Digital Sustainability Tools
- Your preparation of industry positions and advocacy statements on selected sustainability topics will be aligned with the Care Chemicals global sustainability team and lead key discussions with relevant associations and will be utilized as you partner with the government affairs team
- Your ability to build organizational alignment and generate internal engagement on the topic of sustainability will contribute to your identification of potential new projects or markets where sustainability is a key driver and develop marketing statements and/or business cases
- Your working knowledge of environmental and social sustainability opportunities/challenges along key industry value chains will be essential as you cooperate with Global/Regional Sustainability team on training and communication materials of strategic projects and initiatives for regional implementation
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website