At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Administrative Assistant – Appleton, WI - 2002086
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for providing administrative support to Dispersions and Resins plant team. Performing general office administrative duties as well as providing support for the supply chain, safety, quality, procurement, EHS and maintenance functions. Be the “go to” support for the plant.
Incumbent performs complex and routine administrative and ERP transactional duties relieving manager and staff of as much detail work as practical. Incumbent handles detailed complex and routine duties on own initiative and works independently with limited direction. Maintains documentation, requests data from various sources to process transactions, compile reports, arranges appointments and reservations, plans and coordinates conferences and meetings, and handles project work as assigned.
Formula for Success:
- Provide administrative support to the plant manager and operations team
- Support guest relations for all visitors and vendors, answer phones, maintain mail, shipping and visitor logs, sustain office supplies
- Act as I9 site coordinator, Learning Management System administrator
- Site KPIs monthly reporting
- Provide SAP procurement support for the department
- Maintain department documents, reports and controlled documentation for safety, regulatory and policy requirements
- Safety Administration such as, easy access to the emergency response documentation and maintaining logs
- Partner with HR when arranging for candidates and interview scheduling, as well as, on-boarding of new employees
- Perform contracted services audits
- Back up the supply chain function for raw material ordering and finite scheduling of inbound and outbound deliveries and pick-ups
- Process work orders in support of plant maintenance
- Complete work cycle to complete purchase to pay including processing goods receipts
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…Basic qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years of administrative or customer service experience.
- 3 years of experience using Microsoft office products
- Associates degree preferred.
- 1 year of SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to manage daily office functions
- Ability to function well with short timelines and multiple activities
- Demonstrated experience and competency handling confidential information
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Broad experience working with all levels in a matrix global organization
- Significant organization awareness
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunites to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website