Are you a proven flour mill superintendent or a head miller ready to take the next step with a strong understanding of how the milling process works and its relationship to the rest of the facility? Do you thrive as a leader with a desire to work in a growing, stable company under strong, capable leadership? If so, you may be the next Flour Mill Superintendent for Bartlett's Statesville, NC flour mill. Please apply below.
As a Bartlett Team Member you'll enjoy competitive compensation and a long list of great benefits including:
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability coverage paid 100% for employee
- Dental and Vision insurance available
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Bartlett Milling Company is seeking a dedicated, hard-working individual with substantial experience in the milling industry. The Mill Superintendent is responsible for the management and direction of all production operations within the milling department to ensure compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and in accordance with established company policies and procedures while maintaining the highest level of safety, quality, and productivity. The position requires a strong understanding of how the milling process works and its relationship to the rest of the facility. Responsibilities include directing daily production of the milling department and all aspects of managing that department. This position is responsible for providing direction, leadership, relief, and assistance for all levels of the department. The Mill Superintendent reports to the Operations Manager.
- Five plus (5+) years of progressive milling experience with proven leadership in the position of Head Miller or equivalent
- Four-year degree in Milling Science or related discipline or 10 years of flour milling experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable of computer operations, able to use Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledgeable of PLC operations utilizing PC interface
- Capable of performing basic math functions, with or without the aid of a calculator
- Capable of writing and orally presenting reports to all levels of management within the Corporation
- Required to be available, on call, at all times of the day or night, seven days a week
- Possess good people skills to train and lead employees under direct supervision
- Needs to be an independent worker with self-initiative to carry out job functions
- Needs to be able to prioritize tasks
- Must possess strong mechanical skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical and milling operations issues efficiently
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform job tasks in a safe manner in compliance with Bartlett safety programs and procedures
- Direct all aspects of the milling operation to ensure yield and throughput goals are met
- Able to operate all milling units and cleaning houses
- Assist in the operation and troubleshooting of all milling department operations
- Evaluate and optimize milling process performance
- Looks for and implements changes in the operation to enhance efficiencies, yield, and throughput and promotes continuous improvement
- Implements suggestions made by the Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Manages subordinate supervisors who oversee all mill employees
- Schedules employees work hours and time off coverage
- Provides continued training and development of all milling staff
- Maintains a positive departmental morale
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work
- Responsible for appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Responsible for addressing complaints and resolving issues
- Develops and oversees implementation of capital projects for the department with support from the Operations Manager
- Actively involved in the planning of capital projects and overall strategic plan for the facility
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance of the department with the Head Miller and Maintenance Manager
- Evaluate spare parts inventories and establish inventories to minimize downtime
- Inform Management Team of any problems that could affect plant production, product quality, yields, or unnecessary downtime
- Responsible for collecting and communicating mill production records and all departmental documentation
- Manages the housekeeping to ensure a clean and sanitary mill department
- Supports fellow Management Team members with issues that arise
- Ensure GMP practices are followed and adhered to
- Perform all other duties or tasks as assigned
Physical Demands and Requirements
- This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time, and a successful candidate will be expected to be able to work in tight and confined spaces, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. This job may require the ability to ride a belt man lift and occasionally work at significant heights, with requisite balance and equilibrium. The job requires the ability to frequently lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and occasionally more. This job requires the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
- This job requires wearing personal protective equipment, including hardhats, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
- This job requires the ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with co-workers and supervisors.
- It is important to have vision that permits close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to identify and distinguish colors is also important.
- You also need the ability to detect odors and the ability to understand and discern safety warning systems.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be noisy and dusty at times.
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website