Information About this Position
- $2k Sign-on bonus
- 7on/7off, 7:00pm-5:00am
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region's top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri's largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe.
The Pharmacy Technician - In-Patient III, under the direct supervision a of staff pharmacist and according to standard procedures, provides cross coverage for multiple technician competencies or responsibilities within a focus area. This position serves as a department resource to answer questions and assists in resolving more complex issues. This position's responsibilities may include preparing medication orders, assisting in dispensing and transporting medications, conducting complex sterile and/or non-sterile compounding, inventory management, training, the use of various automated/electronic systems, and maintaining the required documentation & records.
- Maintains quality assurance standards and required documentation; maintains regulatory cleanliness compliance.
- Assists in the preparation of medication orders, to include workflow management, basic preparation & dispensing, and non-sterile compounding.
- Supports various inventory activities, to include inventory storage, ordering, rotating, beyond use dating, and cleanliness.
- Assumes primary responsibility for a specific task, function or area of specialty, to include training, system maintenance, inventory management, workflow, process improvement, as well as use of electronic/automated systems.
- Pursues proficiency in the preparation of complex sterile compounds; seeks out other advanced skills and/or additional responsibilities.
- Performs multiple technician responsibilities across the pharmacy or assumes primary responsibility for a focus area, which includes training, system maintenance, inventory management, workflow, process improvement, and proficiency in associated electronic/automated systems; focus areas could also include complex sterile or non-sterile compounding, quality assurance inspections, repackaging, system and automation maintenance, and process/policy improvement.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of experience
- State Bd Pharm Registration
- Pharmacy Tech Certification
- 5-10 years of experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website