Information About this Position
- Up to $15,000 Sign-On Bonus
Company and Job Overview
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC's patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children's Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of critical care nursing to patients who require a high level of clinical expertise.
- Provides care to acutely and critically ill patients in a highly technical and ongoing monitoring environment. These patients are facing life-threatening problems with varying needs, which require extensive medication protocols and therapies. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques, and essential daily tasks to prepare for next transition of care.
- Demonstrates competency in evaluating intensive care patients, administering care, recognizing complications and coordinating with other members of the critical care team. Strives for excellence in patient care; keeps patients safe from adverse events. Seeks learning and teaching opportunities in an effort to further develop and perfect skills and improve overall quality of care. Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Develops, implements, and revises individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Evaluates patient's response to complex critical treatment modalities and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay. Demonstrates expertise and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs Demonstrates ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships in patient/family-centered environment.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 2-5 years of experience
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Critical Care Nurse (CCRN)
- Certification/Licensure in Area of Expertise
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website