Job Description:Seeking Surgical Inpatient Unit RN! Part-time (24 Hours Per Week), Nights *Bonus Eligible* Southern Indiana/Louisville, Kentucky area Baptist Health Floyd
The RN will be responsible and accountable for direct comprehensive nursing care for the patient from admission to discharge. SIPS is a great place for new grads and experienced nurses to provide excellent care. Imagine working in an organization that has received the Blue Distinction® designation from Blue Cross and Blue Shield for knee and hip replacement, which means we have demonstrated a commitment to providing high quality care and better overall outcomes for knee and hip replacement procedures.
• Opportunity to work for a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization. The Pathway to Excellence Program® – the premier designation for healthy work environments – recognizes health care organizations that demonstrate a commitment to establishing the foundation of a healthy workplace for staff.
• 32 bed unit
• 2 units of 16 patients. SIPS 1 focuses on general surgeries, SIPS 2 focuses on orthopedics and bariatric surgeries
• Opportunity for new grads to gain experience
• Opportunity to utilize critical thinking skills
• Comprehensive evidence-based nursing care
• Graduate of approved nursing program and holding a current Indiana LPN or RN License.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider required from a provider that follows AHA guidelines (American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Health Safety Institute) and requires a skill check off upon hire
• Previous nursing experience that has provided opportunities to refine competencies in nursing practice
• Shows an understanding and knowledge of computer systems and application and/or ability to be trained.
• Previous LPN or RN experience preferred
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are conveniently located 10 minutes from downtown Louisville at 1850 State Street, New Albany, IN 47150. EOE.If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now! Employees will be expected to comply with Baptist Health's infectious disease and vaccination policies, which include but may not be limited to compliance with BHS' mandatory vaccination policies for influenza and COVID unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply on company website