Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Job Description:Seeking Registered Nurse!
Full-Time, Days Baptist Health Floyd, Cardiovascular Care Unit
Southern Indiana/Louisville, Kentucky area
*BONUS ELIGIBLE!!* Bonus for external applicants only The Cardiovascular Care Unit (CVCU) of Baptist Health Floyd specializes in the care of open-heart surgery patients. CVCU is a modern unit providing expert cardiac care with an innovative model of care called the universal bed concept. The team leverages their clinical expertise to care for these cardiac patients on all levels from pre-operative teaching, to open-heart recovery, to cardiac ICU care, and to discharge teaching. While cardiac surgery patients are the primary focus, the CVCU team also cares for general ICU patients, complex cardiology patients, patients requiring cardiac devices such as intra-aortic balloon pumps and Impellas, and patients requiring cooling after cardiac arrest.
- Opportunity to work for a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization. The Pathway to Excellence Program® – the premier designation for healthy work environments – recognizes health care organizations that demonstrate a commitment to establishing the foundation of a healthy workplace for staff
- Opportunity to work in a Regional, Non-Profit Hospital
- Opportunity to work for an organization that promotes continued education and growth
- 16 bed unit with acuity based assignments
- Our clinical educator customizes orientation for each new team member
- CVCU welcomes new graduates and their orientation typically lasts 12-14 weeks with on-going learning for the first 1-2 years
- Graduate of approved nursing program
- Current Indiana or compact state RN license or proof of application for licensure
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- ACLS certification (obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Shows an understanding and knowledge of computer systems and application and/or ability to be trained
- Previous nursing experience that has provided opportunities to refine competencies in nursing practice.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are conveniently located 10 minutes from downtown Louisville at 1850 State Street, New Albany, IN 47150. EOE.
As a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization, Baptist Health Floyd is committed to nurses, to what nurses identify as important to their practice, and to valuing nurses' contributions in the workplace. This designation confirms to the public that nurses working at Baptist Health Floyd know their efforts are supported. The honor encourages other nurses to join their colleagues in this desirable and nurturing environment. If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now! Employees will be expected to comply with Baptist Health's infectious disease and vaccination policies, which include but may not be limited to compliance with BHS' mandatory vaccination policies for influenza and COVID unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply on company website