Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Maintains responsibility for delivery of clinical primary care, specialty care, urgent care or occupational medicine services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Provides daily physician management and treatment of patients at the Clinic/ Practice.
2. Provides clinical services to patients, including diagnosis, treatment and referral.
3. Participates in the establishment of office policies, procedures and medical protocol necessary to provide physician clinic services.
4. Appropriately refers patients to medical specialists.
5. Complies with BHMG policies, procedures and pricing.
6. Utilizes program forms/EPIC computer system for charting
7. Complies with case management protocols.
8. Agrees to assist with the clinic/practice's quality assurance and quality improvement plan.
9. Works with Administration to ensure that the program operates in a manner consistent with appropriate medical policy and current professional standards in specific area of care.
10. Participates in community events and periodic public relations calls as time permits. It is understood that, on occasion, these duties may fall outside of regularly scheduled office hours.
11. Maintains appropriate telephone contact with patients, payers and pharmacies.
12. Performs physical exams to include, but not limited to: Routine Examinations, Department of Transportation (DOT) examinations, Post-Offer Examinations, Executive Physicals, Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Annual Examinations, and School/Sport Physicals, where applicable.
13. May serve as Medical Review Officer (MRO) for drug screens.
14. May serve as Director for on-site Laboratory services if applicable to specific site.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
1. Current valid & unrestricted license to practice in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
2. Current valid & unrestricted DEA registration number
3. Eligible at all times to be insured for professional liability insurance
4. Board Certified or Board Eligible in appropriate specialty.
5. BCLS required.If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now! Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply on company website