Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day. When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Job Summary: The Medical Assistant assists the staff and physicians by collecting pertinent patient information needed to determine physical and psychological needs, address and identify health problems. The Medical Assistant performs selected treatments, procedures and routine duties under the supervision of physicians and the Practice Manager/Practice Coordinator. Performs radiographic exams as required with general equipment. The MA functions as a member of the healthcare team with responsibilities commensurate with training and demonstrated competencies. Direct patient care is provided to adult patients of all ages.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Effectively communicates with patients to determine changes in health status since last visit, including medications, and records in EMR.
2. Assists in maintaining cleanliness and order in department.
3. Responsible for all records and charting of information related to individual cases.
4. Adheres to dress code and completes all QA requirements.
5. Performs all radiographic exams as required.
6. Collects patient histories and other related information, coordinating and communicating with others as needed.
7. Maintains appropriate and efficient patient flow through exam and treatment areas.
8. Maintains adequate supplies and equipment in exam rooms and other areas as assigned and prepares room after each patient.
9. Assists physicians, ARNPs, and nurses with patient care, exams, tests, and procedures as designated.
10. Accurately obtains and records vital signs, reporting abnormal readings as appropriate.
11. Performs clerical duties as assigned including assembling information for patient education, assisting patients with nutrition and toileting as needed, scheduling, and obtaining insurance authorizations for medications.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
BLS certification required.
Basic medical assistant training preferred.
Active AART and KROC
Two years of direct patient care experience preferred.If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now! Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply on company website