Primary City/State:Mesa, Arizona
Department Name:Peds 2nd Floor-Pediatric ICU
Up to $15,000 sign on bonus! Help change health care; help change the world. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Join our PICU-CVICU at Banner Children's Hospital at Desert and be part of our amazing team of professionals. Our state-of-the-art Level 1 Trauma Facility and Pediatric ICU specializes in providing the highest levels of care to patients with diverse medical and surgical needs. Our Pediatric Intensive Care unit consists of 24 beds and comprises CVICU along with other highly complex patient populations. We have a family centered care model with an interdisciplinary team approach. Our care includes 24-hour Pediatric Intensivist coverage, and dedicated Respiratory Therapists, Nutritionists, Case Management, Social Services, PT/OT and Pharmacists.
As the Associate Director for Banner Children's Pediatric ICU / CVICU unit, you will have the opportunity to lead our RN team in a shared leadership model. This leader will collaborate with our Intensivist, Subspecialties and other disciplines to provide the highest level of care to our patients / families. The PICU / CVICU Associate Director will work closely with our ECMO Navigator and Congenital Heart Program Manager to strengthen and grow those services.
*$10,000 Sign-on Incentive with a minimum of 12 months PICU leadership experience & $5000 relocation incentive, requires a 2-year commitmentLocated on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
This position provides 24 hour managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial, and personnel management of the assigned areas.
1. Manages and facilitates patient centered nursing care for designated patient populations by serving as a real-time clinical expert for unit staff and physicians for escalated problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues. Manages the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management and resource utilization.
2. Leads change by developing, implementing and evaluating quality and process improvement initiatives of the department in conjunction with the director. Seeks and utilizes input from staff and oversees change implementation. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
3. Facilitates communication of system, regional, facility and department initiatives.
4. Manages and develops the operational and capital budgets and use of associated resources.
5. Assures the development of staff leadership through the design of effective shared leadership models and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Manages large single unit or multiple clinical units to ensure excellent patient care. Actively develops leadership of entry level nurse manager(s) while leading clinical improvement initiatives. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position after July 1, 2013. Incumbents in the position as of July 1, 2013 must possess their by BSN or MSN July 1, 2015.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through two years of clinical management experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. In LTC setting: Requires familiarity with Alzheimer's disease and developmental disabilities. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or BTMC Behavioral must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility. Employees working in the Banner McKee Senior Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit must possess an Colorado Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Master's degree in nursing preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website