In partnership with the University of Arizona, the Trauma ICU Division is now interviewing resilient, highly-collaborative, team-oriented Acute Care Physician Assistants to support our attendings and developing program at Banner University Medical Center Tucson for our diverse community's most critically ill acute patients in our 24-bed Trauma ICU. This role serves our highly diverse community by performing patient and family consultations in a transparently highly stressful setting, while also conducting physical examinations and patient follow-up under physician supervision. At the same time, the individual is working alongside and expanding education for residents, students, and nursing in a willing and patient manner. Under the supervision of the Trauma ICU attendings, the ideal candidate manages the multifaceted requests and pressures in the pre/post trauma surgery ICU setting with timeliness, efficiency, and grace. This role sustains the established processes of trauma ICU patient care while supporting some research projects and outreach activity. This position is open to experienced and steadfast graduating acute care nurse practitioners, preferrably with 2+ years of prior experience in ICU, acute critical patient care. Resilience, collaboration, team-oriented, effective communication, and good relationships are all critical traits in this role.
- Current Board Certification, DEA license, and BLS certification are required
- ATLS certification obtained within six months of hire
- SCCM "Fundamentals of Critical Care in Surgery" course completion within six months of hire
- Desire to work alongside and expand on education for students, residents, and nursing is essential
- Experienced or graduating Acute Care Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants with serious interest in ICU or prior nursing experience caring for critically ill (ICU, Acute Care, Critical Care) are encouraged to apply
- Strong resilience, collaboration, team-oriented, effective communication, and good relationships are all critical traits in this role
Work Schedule: Flexible Scheduling | Daytime or Mid-Shift Opportunity | Rotating Weekend Coverage
Primary Location: Banner University Medical Center Tucson, 1625 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that's more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it's everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Incentives, Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, and CME
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plan with matching, employee perks and discounts
The soulful Sonoran Desert. The flavorful Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
If interested, we encourage you submit your CV; or apply directly at PracticeWithUs.BannerHealth.com for LIVE application tracking. Thank you!
Banner University Medical Center Tucson is the only accredited Level 1 Trauma Center compassionately serving the diverse Southern Arizona community with highly-collaborative patient care and empathy. Our advanced providers are continually communicating, learning, adapting, and detail-oriented in managing our community's most acute and critically ill patients via a respectful setting.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician Assistant-Critical Care - Intensivist
Apply on company website