The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring not only the best leaders but also hiring a stellar team. As Sales Associate, you will embrace and promote the Ballard brand delivering an outstanding guest experience while performing operational duties to drive sales and deliver an inspiring shopping experience in which our guest feels inspired and empowered to customize their space.
The Sales Associate Position
• Deliver excellent guest service by fostering an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for guests and team members
• Follow company policies and guidelines for signage, visual display, and merchandise placement to maximize sales, ensure safety and minimize shrinkage
• Build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, private label credit card, and community outreach programs
• Demonstrate the ability to clearly convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including customer interaction, one-on-one and team settings
• Provide guests with accurate and efficient service to educate them on the products and services available through Ballard Designs
• Engage in store meetings, trainings and activities to elevate the overall guest experience by sharing the relevant information
• Collaborate with the management team and peers to achieve the goals of the store and Ballard Designs
• Achieve sales in line with daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly objectives for the store
• Contribute in all aspects of store maintenance and merchandising
• Assist in maintaining a clean, organized and easy to shop sales floor
• Assist in handling merchandise stock and proper ticketing of merchandise
• Keep up to date on the technical aspects and resources available to serve the needs of the guests effectively
• Participate in store inventory
Collaborative & Inspiring – Has a company mindset and works for the good of the whole team. Embraces teamwork and achieving excellence together. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Communicates clearly and open to new ideas.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently meets and exceeds goals. Makes sound decisions and uses good judgment to drive for results. Maintains focus on top priorities. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
Embraces Diversity of Thought – Open to diversity of thought and style. Understands cultural identity and works productively on diverse teams. Contributes to an inclusive work environment where everyone can be themselves and develop to their full potential.
Strong Communicator— Communicates clearly and effectively to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including guest interaction, one-on-one and team settings.
Stays Curious – Looks for new ways to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
• High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
• 1-2 years of specialty retail sales experience
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of professional sales procedures and customer service
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening
• Computer skills, including point of sale software, internet based programs and previous cash handling required
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
• Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
• Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
• Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, and Improvements.
Apply on company website