Ballard Designs and Frontgate are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
As a Seasonal Receiving Lead/Keyholder, you will embrace and promote the Ballard Designs and Frontgate brands delivering an outstanding guest experience while assisting the management team in performing operational duties to drive sales and deliver an inspiring shopping experience in which our guest feels inspired and empowered to customize their space. Additionally, you will assist in all stock room functions for the store, including receiving and checking in all new shipments and transfers.
The Receiving Lead/Keyholder position will provide the following:
- Deliver excellent guest service by fostering an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and efficient for guests and team members
- Perform store opening, closing, and banking activities, as needed
- Assure the integrity of the inventory, and assume responsibility of conducting cycle counts along with the bi-annual store physical inventory process.
- Provide strong leadership to the team to execute all operational functions in the store in an effort to ensure customer satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability, and execution with company procedures
- Provide actionable and specific performance feedback to the management team based on observation of the store team
- Follow company policies and guidelines for signage, visual display, and merchandise placement to maximize sales, ensure safety and minimize shrinkage
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including customer interaction, one-on-one and team settings
- Provide guests with accurate and efficient service to educate them on the products and services available through Ballard Designs and Frontgate
- Achieve sales in line with daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly objectives for the store
- Contribute in all aspects of store maintenance and merchandising
- Assist in maintaining a clean, organized and easy to shop sales floor
- Assist in handling merchandise stock and proper ticketing of merchandise
- Provide carry-out assistance for Ballard Designs and Frontgate customers
- Perform a variety of operational activities which included, but are not limited to processing, labeling and assembly of merchandise
Collaborative & Inspiring – Has a company mindset and works for the good of the whole team. Embraces teamwork and achieving excellence together. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Communicates clearly and open to new ideas.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently meets and exceeds goals. Makes sound decisions and uses good judgment to drive for results. Maintains focus on top priorities. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
Embraces Diversity of Thought – Open to diversity of thought and style. Understands cultural identity and works productively on diverse teams. Contributes to an inclusive work environment where everyone can be themselves and develop to their full potential.
Strong Communicator— Communicates clearly and effectively to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including guest interaction, one-on-one and team settings.
Stays Curious – Looks for new ways to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
- 1-2 years of leading teams
- 2-4 years of specialty retail sales experience
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of professional sales procedures and customer service
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening
- Computer skills, including point of sale software, internet based programs and previous cash handling required
- Ability to be mobile on the sales and stockroom floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
Apply on company website