Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Senior Technical Product Manager to join the team in Mumbai, India.
Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders including but not limited to: Customers, Process Owners, Enterprise Architects, Application Managers, Development teams and Technical Architects.
In this role, you will:
- Work with cross-functional (process, design, build, test) teams to deliver features and products
- Own the short-term product roadmap and it's integration into a larger application or strategic roadmap
- Engage continuously with customers and stakeholders to understand their business goals and motivating factors
- Demonstrate ability to influence customers and product managers through credible knowledge and experience, persuasion and influencing skills
- Lead customer and stakeholder interviews to align product design with roles (personas)
- Own the product backlog; continuously groom and ensure that an agreed scope is always ready to move into development
- Lead the product development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; owner of functional or technical product design
- Understand and follow the proscribed governance process and development methodology for product development
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Demonstrate substantial experience with the technology stack and its impact on the final product
- Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
- Strong technical expertise in the underlying design and architecture of (the applicable product)
- Strong Business Analysis skills and ability to translate requirements to enterprise software features
- Experience leading teams in a formal software development life cycle environment following a formal project management and governance process
- Familiarity with waterfall and iterative software implementation approaches (Agile, XP, DSDM, Lean and FDD)
- Experience in areas such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
- Expert proficiency in tools supporting SDLC such as Jira, Rally, Aris, MS Project, SmartSheet, LoadRunner, etc.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technologies and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems and estimating efforts
- Has the ability to propose, analyze impact and recommend appropriate technology choices
- Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the product development team. Balances value propositions from competing stakeholders.
- Demonstrates awareness of the competitive environment and it's impact on the product
- Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to actively participate in buy vs build recommendations, drive market timing decisions and scope of MVPs
- Ability to take ownership of medium sized or incompletely defined tasks
- Delivers while mentoring and helping junior team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignment with goals, objectives and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct or escalates appropriately
- Continuously measures deliverable of self and team against commitments. Effectively balances multiple, different and/or competing objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
- Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit and exhibiting role model behavior
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website