Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Research andDevelopment Scientist/Engineer supporting Pressure Pumping at our facility inTomball, Texas.
TheResearch Scientist/Engineer will be responsible for managing multiple projectsrelating to research and design in order to develop new products/softwarerelated to cementing services. In addition, the scientist/engineer will beexpected to analyze and interpret data from the testing and summarize it into areport format. Finally, the scientist/engineer will be responsible forintroducing new technology ideas to grow the research and developmentportfolio.
- Plans and conducts research, designs experiments and analyzes data to understand products and mechanisms for the development of new products and processes.
- Applies fundamental understanding of cementing services to solve problems, initiate projects, and provide innovative ideas.
- Collaborates with the Pressure Pumping cementing product line, colleagues, and other product lines
- Participates in development of standards, conferences and committees to show industry leadership
- Bachelor Degree in Scientific/Engineering discipline with 6+ years' experience (or High School Diploma / GED with 15+ years of experience). Master's Degree with 4-6 years' experience. Ph.D. with 2-4 years' experience
- Familiar with cementing products and equipment, and knowledge of typical chemicals used and functionality
- Field experience with 5+ years on cementing operation
- Familiar with industrial software related to cementing operation
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Must be action-oriented, ethical in values, and have a strong focus on satisfying customers
- Strong analytical skill
- Communicates well both individually and in a team environment
- Demonstrates project management skills
- Self-motivating, goal oriented, and determine
- Familiar with Baker Hughes cementing software
- Work experience in multiple-geographic locations
- Operational experience in offshore Gulf of Mexico
- Business travel may be required for both domestic and International locations
- Tomball, Tx
Apply on company website