Whether collaboratingwith customers to develop break-through technology, solving businesschallenges, leading at a wellsite, or working on digital analytics, we want youto be a part of Baker Hughes innovation. Field Engineering is for early career,highly motivated engineering talent—people with a passion for technology andinnovation, a drive to deliver technical excellence and develop theirleadership skills. The program is designed to accelerate participants'professional development through intense competency-based, classroom, onlineand on-job learning. This three-year program will give you an opportunity to bedirectly involved in the delivery of services to help clients locate, evaluateand produce oil and gas ever more efficiently including improving environmentalstandards. Program graduates have the technical and business foundation toproactively and continually make innovative contributions to Baker Hughesfuture.
As a Field Engineer youare the key interface between Baker Hughes and the client at the job site andyou represent Baker Hughes both technically and professionally to ensure thatequipment is installed, maintained and started properly, aiming at Customers'satisfaction through reliability and proactive support.
Your rate of progresswill be driven by your personal effort and your ability to demonstrate yourcapability against the standards defined in the Competency-Development Program(CDP). Your progression will be determined by your performance, including thedemonstration of your unfailing commitment to deliver your accountabilities.Your manager will help you gain the necessary skills and knowledge. Yourmanager will also lead the assessment process to evaluate your skills andknowledge. You will benefit from working with an assigned mentor to ensure thatyou have a comprehensive, holistic learning experience. Your mentor willsupport and direct you so that in time, you are ready to support other lessexperienced employees.
Your training will bebased on on-job learning, self-study assignment and unparalleled technicaltraining courses underpinned by the development of business acumen andleadership capability. You will be developing the foundation of your career bygaining BHGE qualifications which are the building blocks in the CDP.
During the program youwill be developing basic oilfield knowledge working under the supervision of anexperienced Field Engineer. Your ambition must be to demonstrate yourcapability to work confidently with a progressively broadening scope ofknowledge, skills and customer-facing accountabilities, and in time to be ableto support less qualified Field Engineers.Essential Responsibilities:
- Workingas a crew member deploying Baker Hughes tools and services, including directliaison with customers' representatives and Baker Hughes shore-based Operations Managers
- Participatingin finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-onwork
- Preparingtools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site
- Receivinginbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory
- Providingdirect support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates
- Supportinginvoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the requiredtimeframes
- Activelyengaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, OperationsManagers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basisof developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of Baker Hughes activities
- Completingall training assignments to the required standards
- Rigorouslyapply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations usingBaker Hughes systems and procedures inservice of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
- Fluencyin English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Minimumcumulative 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Aminimum of a BS or MS degree in Engineering, Mechanics and or AppliedSciences
- Maximum3 years post Bachelor's or Master's degree experience
- Geographicallymobile (locations vary)
- Legalright to work in Qatar without company sponsorship or time restriction
- Internshipexperience in your discipline
- Demonstrateseffective written and oral communication, integrity, criticalthinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset,accountability, teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadershipskills, drive for results, and initiative.
- Passionto be in field environment.
This is your opportunityto learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of atruly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an EqualOpportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or othercharacteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website