Whether collaborating with customers to develop break-throughtechnology, solving business challenges, leading at a wellsite, or working ondigital analytics, we want you to be a part of BakerHughes innovation
Field Engineering is for early career, highly motivatedengineering talent—people with a passion for technology and innovation, a driveto deliver technical excellence and develop their leadership skills. Theprogram is designed to accelerate participants' professional developmentthrough intense competency-based, classroom, online and on-job learning. Thisthree-year program will give you an opportunity to be directly involved inthe delivery of services to help clients locate, evaluate and produce oil andgas ever more efficiently including improving environmentalstandards. Program graduates have the technical and business foundation toproactively and continually make innovative contributions to Baker Hughesfuture.
As a Field Engineer you are the key interface between BakerHughes and the client at the job site and you represent Baker Hughes bothtechnically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed,maintained and started properly, aiming at Customers' satisfaction throughreliability and proactive support.
Your rate of progress will be driven by your personal effort andyour ability to demonstrate your capability against the standards defined inthe Competency-Development Program (CDP). Your progression will be determinedby your performance, including the demonstration of your unfailing commitmentto deliver your accountabilities.
Your manager will help you gain the necessary skills andknowledge. Your manager will also lead the assessment process to evaluate yourskills and knowledge.
You will benefit from working with an assigned mentor to ensurethat you have a comprehensive, holistic learning experience. Your mentor willsupport and direct you so that in time, you are ready to support other lessexperienced employees.
Your training will be based on on-job learning, self-studyassignment and unparalleled technical training courses underpinned by thedevelopment of business acumen and leadership capability. You will bedeveloping the foundation of your career by gaining Baker Hughes qualificationswhich are the building blocks in the CDP.
During the program you will be developing basic oilfield knowledgeworking under the supervision of an experienced Field Engineer. Your ambitionmust be to demonstrate your capability to work confidently with a progressivelybroadening scope of knowledge, skills and customer-facing accountabilities, andin time to be able to support less qualified Field Engineers.Essential Responsibilities
- Working as a crew member deploying Baker Hughes tools and services, including direct liaison with customers' representatives and Baker Hughes shore-based Operations Managers
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work
- Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site
- Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory
- Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates
- Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of Baker Hughes activities.
- Completing all training assignments to the required standards.
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards inall situations using Baker Hughes systems and procedures in service ofmaintaining and further developing the safety culture
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA or equivalent
- A minimum of a BS or MS degree in Engineering, Mechanics and or Applied Sciences
- Maximum 3 years post Bachelor's or Master's degree experience
- Geographically mobile (locations vary)
- Legal right to work in Egypt without company sponsorship or time restriction
- Internship experience in your discipline
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, accountability, teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, drive for results, and initiative. Passion to be in field environment.
Thisis your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imaginedand be part of a truly diverse organization.
BakerHughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made withoutregard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteranstatus or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website