Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
Baker Hughes has an opening for a CNC Machinist – 2nd Shift to support Artificial Lift Services in Claremore, OK.
- Machinist will be responsible for set-up and operations of special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill) and numeric control machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and non-metallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within Baker Hughes.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to direct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Responsible for the selection, alignment, and securing of holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders and shapers.
- Must demonstrate a basic intermediate skill level (indicate part, turn OD's and qualify ID and OD) on manual lathe.
- High school diploma or GED1+ years of experience in CNC machining or combination of experience and training.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read calipers, mics and gauges.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut or enter commands to retrieve input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website