Early Career Program: Field Engineer - 2020 Opportunities
Baker Hughes, a GEcompany (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider ofintegrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on astoried heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of itspeople to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customersacquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively andsafely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel.Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds,machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applyingbreakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment toservice infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup –inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, aGE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Whether collaboratingwith customers to develop break-through technology, solving businesschallenges, leading at a wellsite, or working on digital analytics, we want youto be a part of BHGE's innovation
Field Engineering is for earlycareer, highly motivated engineering talent—people with a passion fortechnology and innovation, a drive to deliver technical excellence and developtheir leadership skills. The program is designed to accelerateparticipants' professional development through intense competency-based,classroom, online and on-job learning. This three-year program will give you anopportunity to be directly involved in the deliveryof services to help clients locate, evaluate and produce oil and gas ever moreefficiently including improving environmental standards. Programgraduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively andcontinually make innovative contributions to BHGE's future.
As a Field Engineer youare the key interface between BHGE and the client at the job site and yourepresent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment isinstalled, maintained and started properly, aiming at Customers' satisfactionthrough reliability and proactive support.
Your rate of progresswill be driven by your personal effort and your ability to demonstrate yourcapability against the standards defined in the Competency-Development Program(CDP). Your progression will be determined by your performance, including thedemonstration of your unfailing commitment to deliver your accountabilities.
Your manager will helpyou gain the necessary skills and knowledge. Your manager will also lead theassessment process to evaluate your skills and knowledge.
You will benefit fromworking with an assigned mentor to ensure that you have a comprehensive,holistic learning experience. Your mentor will support and direct you so thatin time, you are ready to support other less experienced employees.
Your training will bebased on on-job learning, self-study assignment and unparalleled technicaltraining courses underpinned by the development of business acumen andleadership capability. You will be developing the foundation of your career bygaining BHGE qualifications which are the building blocks in the CDP.
During the program youwill be developing basic oilfield knowledge working under the supervision of anexperienced Field Engineer. Your ambition must be to demonstrate yourcapability to work confidently with a progressively broadening scope ofknowledge, skills and customer-facing accountabilities, and in time to be ableto support less qualified Field Engineers.
- Working as a crew member deploying BHGE tools and services, including direct liaison with customers' representatives and BHGE shore-based Operations Managers
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work
- Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site
- Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory
- Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates
- Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of BHGE activities. Completing all training assignments to the required standards.
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations using BHGE systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA or equivalent
- A minimum of a BS or MS degree in Engineering, Mechanics and or Applied Sciences
- Maximum 3 years post Bachelor's or Master's degree experience
- Geographically mobile (locations vary)
- Legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction
- Internship experience in your discipline
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, accountability, teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, drive for results, and initiative. Passion to be in field environment.
Locations: Various locations
Please ensure you applyas early as possible and no later than 25th November 2019 to beconsidered for this role. The final assessment will be held soon after this date and you will beinformed if you have been successful in your application as soon as possibleafter following this date.Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website