BAE Systems is seeking a full-time Weapon Systems Integrator to be a part of our Integration team working on the US/UK TRIDENT Submarine Strategic Weapon System and US Attack Weapon System programs. The selected candidate will work closely with numerous internal BAE Systems functional engineering teams and directly with our US Navy Strategic Systems Programs Customer.
Our primary function is to implement and oversee the end-to-end Systems Engineering process including:
- System Definition
- System Integration
- System Verification, Validation, and Certification
- System Operation & Maintenance
The selected candidate will serve as a Lead System Engineer overseeing all technical activities related to the Flight System, specifically performing the following functions:
- Interfacing with customers on a routine basis related to execution and planning of Flight system evolutions
- Attending external meetings with customers and industry partners
- Internally tracking internal functional engineering activities across multiple engineering teams to ensure compliance with defined SE processes and government policies/requirements
- Identifying and overseeing technical, cost, and schedule risks and mitigation activities related to program execution
- Assisting Customer with planning and conduct of system-level design reviews to include ensuring entrance and exit criteria are achieved, as well as tracking outstanding actions / leans on completed design reviews
- Leading technical studies/analyses/deep dives and providing solutions/recommendations to Customers
- Recommending and implementing process improvements
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS Degree in Engineering, Science, or related field and 12 years of work experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance, able to upgrade to Top Secret
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end SSP SE process
- Sound understanding of SSP organization with detailed knowledge on SWS/AWS Flight Systems
- Knowledge of the SWS Architecture and subsystems related to Flight subsystem
- Extensive experience with technical analyses, studies, presentations, and customer-facing activities
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with functional, programmatic, and technical management knowledge areas
- Experience working with the DOE
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website