Come join us, this position may be eligible for a sign on bonus.
Please note this supports our Weekend Day Shift working Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 5AM to 5PM. You will work 36 hours and be paid for 40 plus earn a 10% pay premium.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The World™.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
- Performs operational tests on a wide variety of moderately complex production components, subassemblies and systems using data sheets, schematics, wiring diagrams, established test specifications and standard test procedures, which clearly outline procedures to be followed.
- Sets up and operates in accordance with prescribed procedures a variety of test stands consisting of multiples of standard test equipment such as pulse generators, amplifiers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, counters, etc.
- Works with engineering instructions and standard test procedures to operationally test developmental products as required.
- Aligns and adjusts subassemblies and/or systems in accordance with test procedures and data sheets to comply with established specifications and acceptable performance.
- Interprets test data and checks results against specifications, test procedures and data sheets to determine proper functioning and quality of product.
- Deviates from standard test procedures as required to troubleshoot, locate and diagnose malfunctions within the unit requiring application of technical knowledge, skill and ingenuity. Realigns and readjusts unit as required.
- Designates rework instructions where necessary and retest work after rework.
- Stamps and otherwise approves test results. Records test data and submit test failure/acceptance reports and notifies supervisor of unusual conditions or undesirable trends.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- “Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status”
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Requires an Associate's Degree in Electronics or equivalent test technician experience.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to follow written instructions and procedures to complete tasks.
- Some circuit card troubleshooting capability preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website