See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Technical Operations Engineering Manager to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment at their Nashua, New Hampshire facility. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership, functional management, coordination, planning, staffing, and reporting to influence the successful execution of production goals and achieving operational excellence. This role will be responsible for leading a technical operations team comprising process engineers, test engineers, industrial engineer(s), and specification writers. You will coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams including supply chain, quality, engineering, operations program managers and program managers to ensure all customer needs are met and production goals are achieved. We are looking for candidates with excellent leadership skills and a strong foundation in electro-mechanical manufacturing.
- Lead technical operations team with people management responsibilities, including but not limited to roles & task assignments, mentoring, professional development, trainings, performance evaluations, staffing, and developing operating procedures and policies.
- Provide technical leadership: plan, execute and manage all engineering efforts in the factory to improve product quality, reduce defects and cycle time, and ensure compliance to internal and customer guidelines and directives.
- Foster a collaborative team culture, and innovative problem solving to achieve robust solutions for technical challenges encountered during assembly, inspection, and test operations.
- Utilize data analytics capabilities to monitor KPIs and report out to the internal stakeholders, including operations and program leadership, on factory production performance data.
- Develop team competencies to achieve increased process ownership of specialized processes, PFMEAs, PPV/FAI, and utilization of data analytics capabilities.
- Champion continuous improvements, Green Belt, root cause methodologies, and Kaizen events to achieve sustainable improvements and robust outcomes in.
- Support new technology introductions, and manufacturing capabilities to support projected production requirements.
- Manage and maintain readiness of production assembly and test related tools, test stands and infrastructure by establishing comprehensive preventative maintenances plans, calibrations, developing test spares instrumentation strategy and coordinating repair execution.
- Document, communicate and present information to the leadership on production KPIs.
- Ensure compliance to company and customer guidelines, and to quality standards.
- Engage with distributed cross-functional teams to be the focal point on the technical performance of the operations in the factory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Engineering functional management experience in a manufacturing setting. This position will have direct reports, so administrative skills will also be required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or applicable years of experience
- Prior manufacturing engineering or operations facing engineering experience.
- Familiarity with Electrostatic Sensitive Device (ESD) class zero, and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention techniques.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Prior work experience in aerospace and defense industry.
- Prior leadership role with direct reports.
- Experience with electro-mechanical hardware, SMT and CCA manufacturing standards, processes and techniques, IPC-610
- Familiar with AS9145
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Proven success with change management in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website