Are you a seasoned Systems Administrator who loves to solve problems? Are you excited about new technologies, seeking them out and yearning to learn more about them? Are you passionate about quality? Do you understand that there are always opportunities for improvement? If you can answer yes to these questions then you are the candidate we need!
As the Systems Administrator - both Linux (majority) and Windows, you will be responsible for maintaining up to date patching of all the self-managed Linux and Windows servers; working with other members of the infrastructure team to ensure minimized down time; implementing baseline changes and responding to change request; performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers; building servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects; and operating and maintaining servers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to overall architecture and infrastructure, especially as it relates to availability, scalability, security, performance, etc.
- Own the design, implementation and maintenance of project's code delivery pipeline configuration
- Participate in building and enforcing best practice disciplines for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Provide support and problem resolution impacting our ALM
- Build and maintain infrastructure tooling (e.g. automated AWS environment setup)
- Liaise with members of the Engineering team to build awareness on best practices and effective usage of project's development tools portfolio
- Own and enforce quality review practices within the Technical Operations team
- Monitor and track system performance via system metrics
- Manage infrastructure related issues
- Provide preventative maintenance for Sponsor's business applications
- System access control and security
- Maintenance of application lookup tables
- Provisioning of hardware and software
- Backup and recovery of systems
- Problem resolution assistance
- Configuration build support
- Technical support for software releases
- Coordination of hardware maintenance with external infrastructure providers
- Establishment and maintenance of all pre-production environments
- Decommission of systems
- Create/manage application hosting requirements
- Technical support to projects as required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
*Required Skills :
- The candidate must have an Active Intel Security clearance with a Favorable Polygraph. Candidate will not be considered without it.
- Ability to use verbal and written communication skills to present information to a diverse population (technical and non-technical).
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Experience working/collaborating with software engineering teams
- Proficient in scripting and/or programming languages – Python, Java, Shell, etc.
- Hands-on experience with AWS– EC2, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, Cloud Watch, etc.
- Strong experience supporting Linux and Java projects
- Experience with source control, CI and build tools such as Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and effectively manage priorities and communicate progress
- Experience working in an Agile environment, preferably as a member of a Scrum team
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Willingness to learn Windows Systems Administration on a cross-function Agile Team.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions for routine issues and tasks.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience automating OS install processes (using kickstart configuration files, preseeding configuration files or similar)
- Scripting experience using Perl, Python or similar advanced scripting languages
- Perform HW and SW updates, patches, routine system checks
- Hardware Experience with:
- HP Blade servers
- HP Blade Enclosure c7000
- Hitachi SAN
- Software experience with:
- Operating system patching including yum and rpm
- Vormetric patching
- HP On Board Administrator (OBA)
- Extending logical volumes
- ifconfig/network interfaces
- Virus definitions
- Unix experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website