The software development team for BAE Systems' Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP®) is seeking motivated candidates to join its software engineering team as a cloud-based geospatial applications engineer / software developer. GXP develops, implements, and integrates state-of-the art sensor-data processing and analytics technologies, providing compact and scalable solutions to challenging problems in areas of video analytics, sensor data processing, computer vision, and machine learning.
Our commercial software products include:
- the Track Analytics Software Suite (TASS), a collection of algorithms for analyzing geospatial trajectory data;
- an advanced, multi-processor video tracking application for large-scale imagery;
- MOVINT Database, a geospatial big-data store with RESTful web service interfaces;
You can read more about our software and solutions here:
As a member of the software development team, the Geospatial Applications Engineer / Software Developer will work with members of our software team, product managers, and customers to develop, integrate, configure, and apply multisource intelligence processing, exploitation, and dissemination (PED) products. The engineer will become an expert in configuring and applying our products and will contribute as part of a team to develop capabilities for our web-based multisource data exploitation applications. The engineer will develop strong relationships with key customer technical personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and grow our business.
The ideal candidate enjoys learning in a challenging environment, can work on multiple teams and projects, and can apply their technical skill in solving real-world problems.
Job responsibilities include:
- Understanding, applying, and communicating the technology concepts and implementations of our products
- Developing our enterprise-level product installation pipeline, perform patches and upgrades
- Supporting customer operation, use, and feedback of our systems
- Developing novel, customer-centric enhancements to existing products
- Contributing to the engineering and system test process and troubleshooting in a software development role
- Participating as a customer advocate in the engineering development process
- Contributing to the development of customer support material such as technical manuals, application briefs, and product data sheets
- Configuration, processing, and analysis of new sensor datasets
This position will be based out of our Reston, Virginia office. However, day to day work will be performed at the customer facility in Springfield, Virginia.
About BAE Systems Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP)
The Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP®) business provides licensed software capabilities and geospatial technology R&D. GXP's ability to draw on internal data production and technology expertise has allowed it to deliver superior products to the user community. GXP often finds ways to improve software implementation through user conferences and regional workshops, where important feedback and insight is gathered from customers.
GXP commercial software provide customers with comprehensive image and video analysis, data management and geospatial production capabilities. These products serve government and civil customers' needs for photogrammetry, mapping, GIS, image exploitation, precision targeting, geospatial intelligence, 3-D visualization, simulation and mission planning.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
We are seeking candidates that are motivated to develop skills in new technical areas, solve challenging and unique problems, and enjoy working on a diverse range of assignments.
Developers that know how to profile, optimize, and test their own code will fit best within our skilled and dynamic small team. Other job requirements include:
- US Citizenship and active TS/SCI
- Experience installing, running, and troubleshooting software in both Linux (preferably RHEL/CentOS) and Windows
- Programming experience in scripting languages (e.g., Python, Perl, Bash)
- Strong problem solving skills using a clear understanding of facts and implementation of test plans and solution strategies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Have a positive attitude, self-motivation, and a results-oriented approach to business
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
While not critical to the open position, experience with the following skills are useful in our organization and will be helpful as you expand your roles and responsibilities:
- SQL database configuration, optimization, and administration experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS)
- Implementing and using RESTful web services
- Experience with full-stack web application development processes, including: version control, documentation, code review, testing, building, packaging, and distribution
- Understanding of DevOps principles and tools including code review, source code management, continuous integration, continuous testing, release automation, and “infrastructure as code.”
- Experience or knowledge of Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform, Ansible, or Cloud Formation
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website