BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated Modeling and Simulation Manager to lead an engineer MBSE team in support of C5ISR Modernization. The qualified candidate will technically and administratively lead an integrated team of Modeling and Simulation engineers dedicated to developing, applying, and maintaining Digital Engineering Use Case techniques across new and existing processes
The candidate's primary responsibilities will be to lead the development of new and/or integrate existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models. Develops software to simulate behaviors of users and systems. Develops, integrate and use graphical user interfaces and visualization tools. Model operational environments, perform demonstrations using computer simulations. Provide decision support and recommendations for alternative architectures. Perform operational and mission effectiveness analysis by providing and briefing the customer of all technical and process aspects of the integration and development Models and Simulation tools and techniques. The candidate's responsibilities will include and not be limited to the following:
- The ability to articulate and provide a true and accurate account and status of the technical aspects of system model project development in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate, plan, collaborate with each Division for model and simulation approaches
- Consult and brief SE Task Lead of all technical or programmatic actions during development and any issues involving project lead support
- Provide weekly status briefings and inputs into a Automated work flow tool suite
- Experience applying model based system engineering principles across processes
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering in any of the recognized Engineering disciplines plus a minimum of five years' experience with Model Based System Engineering techniques
- Previous experience developing system models and architectures
- Previous experience leading the demonstration of technical presentations to the DoD customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Professional Tools Suite
- Experienced with IBM DOORS Software tools and thorough understanding of requirements traceability
- Experienced with Cameo, MySQL, Anaconda, Intercax, UI Path, and PowerBi applications
- Understanding of DoD C5ISR architectures and systems.
- Demonstrate the willingness and desire to further gain technical knowledge
- Possess excellent oral, written, and leadership skills and work independently
- U. S. Citizen and eligible for a high level DOD Security Clearance
- Leadership/management experience in an MBSE environment
- Possess current DOD Top Security Clearance and ability to acquire TS/SCI
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
BS in Engineering
Experience leading or managing model-based systems engineering activities
Engineering experience with DoD C5ISR architectures and systems
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Systems Engineering or MBSE Certifications
Active Top Security Clearance
This position is contingent hire in 4Q 2022 for contract start date anticipated for December 2022.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website