This position is seeking a Model Based Systems Engineer to support C5ISR Modernization.
The responsibilities for this position may include but not limited to:
- Modeling requirements, solution architectures, and physical implementations to create integrated digital representations of system designs.
- Using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques to conduct trade studies, create new ways for design teams to understand, interact with, and analyze system designs.
- Supporting model-based simulations and design verification/validation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss and define technical and operational requirements.
- Implementing MBSE to create a digital collaborative development environment.
This position is contingent hire in 4Q 2022 for contract start date anticipated for December 2022.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Minimum Education: BS in Engineering
- Minimum four (4) years experience with MBSE in C5ISR systems engineering applications.
- Use of UML / SysML modeling languages and tools
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Professional Certificate in MBSE
- Experience with CAMEO/Magic Draw/No Magic MBSE software applications/tools.
- Working knowledge of Enovia Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or Windchill PLM.
- Working knowledge of requirements management software applications/tools such as IBM Rational DOORS
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website