BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Administrative Project Manager to support the Integrated Defense Systems Business Unit of the Intelligence & Security (I&S) Sector in the Fayetteville, NC area. The Administrative Project Manager will report to the Operations Director for day to day operations and will lead organizational administrative matters in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment with multiple groups. Administrative Project Manager will coordinate with personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports. Work will include complex assignments where independent action and a high-degree of initiative are required to resolve problems and develop recommendations.
The candidate must be a motivated self-starter and demonstrate exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills. The position requires direct, clear, and timely communication with Operations Director and team members on a daily basis. The candidate must demonstrate exacting attention to detail and simultaneously maintain a top-level perspective to ensure overall project success. Project team activities include system design, procurement, fabrication, integration, testing and evaluation, installation, and fielding support for innovative technical solutions across the Information Technology environment that will modernize the communication enterprise and tactical architecture including improving system hardening, implementing new capabilities, and migrating to the cloud.
The following duties are typical of the position:
- Provide administrative support to employees and various functional areas of the company.
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of project(s) and serves as a liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Perform data input, extraction, and analysis, and compile reports in support of department functions.
- Perform tasks across the Project Management processes of initiating, organizing, integrating, planning, managing & controlling, developing and completing projects or programs.
- Track progress to financial, schedule, technical and/or new business performance objectives.
- May support new business development activities and participate in developing strategic and financial plans for assigned business area.
- Generate reports, compile statistics, and create timelines, tables, and graphs.
- Attend weekly meetings for each ship & prepare briefings and reports
This position is located in the greater Fayetteville, NC area.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED and specialized courses and minimum (6) years related experience
- Strong Organizational and Communication skills
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision.
- Effective communication skills, including with DOD customers.
- Desire to continue learning new skills.
- Able to prioritize work and adapt to change.
- Able to work in a cross-functional environment with other departments, organizations and groups.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Proficient with MS Office Suite to include database manipulation, intermediate to advanced experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Active Security Clearance. Current or eligible Top Secret Security and SCI
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent or Associate's degree with two (2) years of related experience;
- Project related experience.
This position is contingent hire in 4Q 2022 for contract start date anticipated for December 2022.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website