BAE Systems is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Systems Engineer IPT (Integrated Product Team) Lead with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for designing, developing, building and testing the GPS Simulation test environment for the industry-leading GPS navigation products.
In our Navigation & Sensor Solutions department, you will become part of a cross functional team developing Modernized GPS simulators, common tools and infrastructure for GPS airborne, ground and weapons defense products testing and validation. The team is responsible for the complete GPS simulators and common tools development processes including requirements capture,analysis, design, build, integration and product verification including operations and customer support.
The IPT Lead is accountable for authorized budget, schedule, and technical success associated with the applicable standard work and procedures. The ideal candidate will possess a good working knowledge of system product development for modernized GPS simulators and tools, including requirements analysis, definition and validation. This position will coordinate and lead multi-disciplined engineering teams in all technical elements of multiple projects. These projects will include but are not limited by system architecture design, hardware/software integration and requirements verification testing. Coordination will be required across other systems, hardware, ASIC and software design teams.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The successful candidate will have these basic qualifications:
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline and 4 years of directly related experience
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Experience with system requirements capture, design, and decomposition
- Experience with systems integration and verification testing
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Fundamental knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Software, and Systems engineering
- Effective communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- A desire to participate on a results-oriented, product development team
- Be highly motivated, self-directed, and able to balance multiple tasks
- Technical aptitude and professionalism
- Effectively interact and build trust with team members from many different backgrounds, including engineering management and engineering teams
Key skills for success:
- Must excel working in a team environment and establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers.
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with team members, leadership, and customers.
- Must have the desire to participate on a results-oriented engineering team, be highly motivated, and be self-directed.
Assets that would be a plus:
- Knowledge of or experience with Lean-Agile principles and Agile teams
- Familiar with engineering development tools (e.g., JAMA, JIRA, Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Experience with GPS simulators
- Experience in GPS development and/or knowledge of GPS products
- Experience with modern software languages (e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Python, perl, etc.)
- Experience working with multi-rack test systems combining COTS instruments into multi-rack testing solutions
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website