BAE Systems is hiring now for a Senior Technical Manual Developer (Diagnostics, Troubleshooting, and Integration). In this role, the Manual Developer will:
- Directly support development of Logistics' troubleshooting and diagnostic products and deliverables to include technical manuals, schematics/diagrams, etc.
- Review engineering drawings, logic diagrams, and electrical schematics and provide updates and corrections to Logistics and/or engineering products.
- Works directly with vendors to obtain required technical data and information to diagnose components or systems installed on combat vehicles.
- Ensures combat vehicles are supported correctly at various levels of maintenance through diagnostics/troubleshooting and based on soldier capabilities, tool availability, and parts availability. Provides feedback on actions to take across functions when vehicle is not supported correctly.
- Participates in Logistics Test Events with internal / external customers to validate and verify Logistics product content, including planning of fault insertion points and methods, task performance, and required corrections or updates.
- Works directly on and within the vehicle, sometimes in limited space, using test equipment, digital multimeters, on-board/automated diagnostic software to develop platform troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Provides regular and accurate updates to the programs and other stakeholders regarding status, accomplishments, risk and risk mitigation efforts.
- Attends and participates in program / Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings as needed (engineering, software, Diagnostics and Health Management), working with internal / external customers, providing platform and diagnostics knowledge and developing relationships with key personnel to accomplish project goals.
- Influences design of diagnostics or vehicles systems to improve supportability of vehicle platforms and supports integration of Logistics products on vehicle platforms, as needed.
- Promotes commonality across programs when possible, working with the commonality and SME teams to provide information on what other programs are doing, provides direction on reuse of common system or component troubleshooting.
- Supports development of Basis of Estimates (BOEs) in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Provides input to Logistics' Business Management Systems (BMS) processes.
- Promotes a safe, inclusive, and ethical work environment.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience in a military or defense environment, or a relevant Associate's degree and 6 years of experience in a military or defense environment, or an overall equivalent mix of relevant diagnostics and troubleshooting experience in lieu of formal education.
- Knowledge of combat vehicle diagnostics (automated / analog / mechanical) and maintenance concepts to include preventative maintenance.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, system schematics (e.g., electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic).
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to work with internal / external customer and team.
- Must be able to support at the Sterling Heights, Michigan site.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred but not required:
- Experience writing operator and maintenance manuals to Military Standards (e.g., Mil-Std-40051-1/2).
- Experience working on government contracts, with government personnel, sub-contractors, and third-party vendors.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website