As part of our Closed Area Infrastructure team, you will help engineer and implement the IT infrastructure and standards out supporting closed areas, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. With us, you'll be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
We are looking for an experienced IT Systems administrator to add their skills to our team of diverse, driven and highly capable professionals.
In this role, you will:
• Develop, update and maintain scripts and other processes for Closed Area Infrastructure standards implementation and ensure that they adhere to established security and compliance policies.
• Participate in testing, quality assurance and validation efforts of all Closed Area Infrastructure standards.
• Build, configure, and deploy server and workstation hardware and software including authentication, file-share, and other hardware/services to support groups of heterogeneous client systems.
• Document system configuration for new and existing systems
• Serve as support for operational systems.
• Participate in and contribute to the implementation and deployment of IT projects and other efforts.
• Work closely with other team members and teams across a wide range of disciplines.
• Effectively and regularly communicate status and provide feedback.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• 4-8+ years of experience
• Experience with Linux operating systems.
• Extensive experience in Windows server and desktop operating systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Familiarity with networking concepts
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• CompTIA Security+CE or equivalent certification within 6 months of hire
• Active Top Secret clearance, or eligibility and willingness to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and interoperability with Windows
• May be required to lift up to 40 pounds and move into positions either standing or kneeling that require connecting computing equipment for use
• Occasional off-hour response to outages and subsequent service restoration efforts is required
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website