BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is seeking an experienced Subcontracts Administrator for our GOCO (government owned contractor operated) facility in Radford, VA.
You will primarily support chemical manufacturing and industrial construction related programs at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant, starting at the proposal preparation phase all the way through contract closeout. This is a fast-paced position at a growing site and we are looking for someone to hit the ground running.
In this role you will solicit and evaluate proposals, negotiate and prepare complex subcontracts, monitor subcontractor performance and document subcontract files in accordance with established Procurement Policies and Procedures.
Other responsibilities include:
1. Identifies potential sources for required materials or services, and develops and issues Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
2. Receives, reviews, and negotiates, subcontractor proposals. Manages the sources selection process by leading the proposal evaluation team in fact finding, technical evaluations, and cost/price analysis. Negotiates subcontract terms and conditions including estimated cost/price, delivery, quality and performance requirements.
3. Develops and negotiates required special terms, conducts independent cost/price analysis as needed. Documents the entire negotiation process.
4. Develops the subcontract document; reviews it for compliance with Government, Corporate and Company requirements; and obtains management approval prior to issuance to the subcontractor.
5. Supports the subcontract administration team from award through completion to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions, including price, schedule and quality. Coordinates and participates in subcontractor surveys and program reviews. Reviews and monitors payments, commitments and funding status. Negotiates subcontract changes and responds to all formal subcontract inquiries and issues. Provides subcontract status as required.
6. Develops, negotiates, and issues teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and memorandum of understanding.
7. Provides subcontract advice and counsel to program managers, engineering personnel and other related functions such as finance, quality and contract administration.
8. Enters administrative and financial data on subcontracts into various subcontract databases.
9. Performs subcontract close-out.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
11. Serves as subject matter expert for sub contractual matters under the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facilities in Kingsport, TN and Radford, VA, we do this by developing safer explosives and propellants for our government and commercial customers. Holston and Radford AAPs have provided high quality explosives and propellants for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help. Learn more about this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years relevant work experience in procurement, subcontracts or contracts; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of FAR and DFARS.
Experience supporting major subcontracts efforts.
Industrial construction experience.
MS Office Suite skills including Excel.
Able to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities.
Excellent written communications skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience working in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
Working knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation).
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website