BAE Systems Inc. is seeking a senior level Mechanical Engineer to sustain and improve infrastructure and equipment systems of the United States Air Force (USAF) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Weapon System (WS).
The senior engineer works closely with the customer, the United States Air Force (USAF) ICBM Infrastructure and Equipment (IIE) division to provide engineering solutions and analyses of WS infrastructure and equipment items.
The candidate selected for this senior engineering position will:
- Learn about and sustain real property installed equipment (RPIE)
- Learn and apply the processes that the IIE Division execute to sustain RPIE and infrastructure
- Work with multi-discipline system engineering teams and integrated product teams
- Prepare and review mechanical drawings
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to:
- Identify or evaluate solutions to repair, alter, or replace WS infrastructure and equipment components and systems
- Prepare and defend technical documentation of the same
- Create and interpret Computer Aided Design (CAD) models
- Create, execute, verify, and review Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) models and results – specifically CAE studies using the finite element method (FEM).
- Prepare technical documents to communicate approach and results of analyses, investigations, or maintenance procedures.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 4 years of engineering experience required.
The senior engineer demonstrates the following in their work:
- Thorough understanding of the problem or project;
- Correct application of engineering and physics principles;
- Disciplined in time management;
- A desire to learn and innovate;
- Clear and succinct communication - digital and verbal;
- Quick to observe potential threats to the safety of personnel, the weapon system, and intellectual and engineering data;
- A zeal to understand and improve the weapon system and help the customer accomplish their mission;
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
We want to help the US Air Force augment their capacity and ability with digital engineering efforts. Experience with SOLIDWORKS(R) Software (CAD and Simulation products) and Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) software products is a plus.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website