Join a dynamic Contracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities to our very important government customers. The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility with exposure to a highly diverse portfolio of customers and projects. Contracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the world's largest Aerospace, Defense and Security Company's, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Contracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, work from home options, relocation assistance, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business.
Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen, be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
The Senior Contract Administrator in southern New Hampshire offers a motivated professional a unique chance to work across a broad range of contracting activities that supports the Countermeasure & Electromagnetic Attack Solutions business of the BAE Systems Electronic Systems Sector. The selected candidate will work with customers to shape and close business opportunities in support of key business objectives for the Electronic Attack Solutions products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from the Contracts team, to the leadership teams of the Business Areas.
Daily responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Coordination, negotiation and management of complex proposals and contracts under minimal supervision.
- Work on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage complex proposals/contracts.
- Provide leadership in both administration of contracts and negotiations of critical proposals.
- Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers, which would include commercial and international customers.
- Lead in the execution of the Contracts Role to include pre-contract roles, contract management and monitoring as well as negotiation/leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrate Business Acumen including informing program and executive management of issues in a timely manner while providing recommendations to support the achievement of business and financial objectives.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business agreements, government contracting methods, including policies, procedures and regulations in order to provide appropriate leadership and support during proposal, fact-find, negotiation, and day to day contracting activities.
- Independently demonstrate leadership in contracting strategy and methods, and be proficient in research and presentation skills.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exhibits sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel and customers.
- Strong computer skills for data entry, reports and other documents.
- Makes decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable federal laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on closure and get results.
- Develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance and 8+ years related experience
- Familiarity with Contracting Principals and Terms and Conditions relevant to Commercial Contracting
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Demonstrated Problem Solver
- Highly organized
- Strong Communication and writing skills
- Solid work ethic
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website