The Research and Development Team is looking to add a highly skilled Project Manager to assist the group in daily activities ranging from cost analysis, proposal development, project estimating, project tracking, schedule monitoring and other duties as assigned. The candidate will be highly motivated, organized and methodical in thinking and actions. A large portion of the job will be focused on business capture and proposal preparation and tracking. Experience with government proposals is a plus.
The Project Manager will be responsible for projects within the Radford Research and Development Team with regard to the following project management practice areas that he/she is assigned to manage:
- Proposal writing and business capture
- Scopes of Work
- Project Costs
- Customer Communications and Relations
- Provides regular reports to the Radford R&D Manager on projects
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facility at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, VA, we do this by developing safer propellants for our government and commercial customers. Radford AAP has provided high quality propellants for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help. Learn more about this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and 4 years work experience; or business degree with 4 years experience working in chemical manufacturing industry.
- Proficient in technical writing and/or proposal preparation.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education and Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working on projects related to design and engineering, research and development or product development
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent
- Experience in managing projects for the US Department of Defense preferred
- Experience with bills of estimate (BOE)
- EVM knowledge
- SQL or computer programming knowledge preferred
- Chemistry education or experience with chemical manufacturing
- Experience with government proposals or contracts
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website