BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Install and repair industrial and commercial refrigerating systems.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbents) perform one or more of the following duties. Functions should be listed in order of priority.
1. Know and observe plant safety and housekeeping rules. Comply with plant policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials and maintain a clean and safe workplace.
2. Inspect, install, maintain, repair, PM, and calibrate in accordance with accepted standards the following:
• Heat Vent Air Conditioning Units (HVAC)
• Chiller Systems
• NH3 Refrigeration systems
• Refrigeration Appliances
• "System" includes the system or unit and all associated controls. Ex. (gauges, flow switches, recorders, solenoids, valves, etc.).
3. Assist in the sizing, installation and establishment of design requirements on new refrigeration systems as needed.
4. Have knowledge of refrigeration, instrumentation and electrical theory in order to check the performance of refrigeration systems by means of test equipment
5. Adjust refrigeration systems in order to obtain efficient and safe operation
6. Perform all work to a high degree of accuracy in a safe, efficient and economical manner.
7. Perform electrical support to include replacing fuses, disconnecting motors, compressors and pumps from 115 to 440 VAC, conduit installation, and wire pulling from main disconnect to include controls and power.
8. Chiller systems up to 500 ton. To include ammunition systems, subzero cold boxes, cascade systems and cold boxes at ballistics.
9. Will also assist other crafts in maintenance and utilities department as needed.
10. Will perform duties as needed per supervision.
11. Perform refrigerant tracking for EPA completed on applicable electronic computer software.
• Information is logged on computer and print offs are stored for yearly report.
• Ensure this information is turned in to environmental department upon request.
12. Perform pipe fitting, soldering, and mechanical work as needed for HVAC.
13. Perform ammonia refrigeration work.
15. Perform nitrogen gas plant work.
16. Maintain and use air compressor pertaining to HVAC units.
17. Assist water chemistry contractor on their monthly inspections, testing and repair work.
18. Ability to perform low pressure (15 psi max) steam fitting and steam line repair work.
19. Perform Laptop diagnostics of various, new automated control systems based on building/applications.
20. Assist in writing preventive maintenance procedures (PM's) on new equipment as needed.
21. Maintain inventory levels of common raw materials and components.
A. Physical Tasks
Exerts frequent physical energy
- Must be able to perform lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, twist, push and pull essential materials
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders or excavated areas and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to work from heights from ladders, bucket trucks, boom lifts, vertical lifts, scissors lifts, scaffolding, man lifts, and man baskets.
- Must be able to work in crawl spaces and confined spaces.
- Must have basic computer, grammar, reading, oral, and written communication skills
- Must be capable of working in all seasonal environments/conditions, such as the heat, rain, cold and snow.
- Must be capable of working from heights.
- Must be capable of working in an energetic and hazardous environment including handling of energetic propellant and hazardous material.
- Must be capable of working in or around alcohol, ether fumes, and acid fume.
- Must wear proper protective equipment including, but not limited to, respirators, hard toe shoes, coveralls, head protection, eye, hand and hearing protection.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience as a refrigeration technician/mechanic, or other related fields (commercial/industrial)
- Knowledge of diagnostic and repair equipment
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills, deadline and detail-oriented
- EPA regulations and licenses, EPA certification to include Type I, II, and III (universal certification)
- Certified as a Universal technician as required by EPA or obtain within limits of CBA
- Must hold a current valid state driving license
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website