BAE Systems is Hiring an Experienced Production Planner For our 10th Street Location! Within this role, you will be responsible for production and material planning for the Vehicle Components shop at the Anniston Forge site.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Requisitioning of raw material and outside services and opening/closing of manufacturing orders. Work
- closely with the supervisor and other shop personnel to monitor production, insuring customer need dates are met.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Required Skills and Education
- Requires general knowledge of production and material requirements planning.
- Must be highly motivated, organized and able to work under pressure as this is a busy and demanding production area.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- MAPICS/Infor a plus
Preferred Skills and Education
MAPICS/Infor software experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website