BAE Systems is hiring! Given our continued growth, we have an immediate role available for a highly motivated Hardware Engineer to Lead resolution of Diminishing Source of Supply (DMS) issues.
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems. Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
In this role, you will have a chance to grow your skills as a Hardware Lead ensuring the continued availability of a broad range of complex products inclusive of microwave, digital and analog electronics. You will have the opportunity to work closely with cutting-edge hardware fielded on the most advanced Military Platforms.
Activities day to day will vary and may include:
- Managing obsolescence status of multiple systems and products
- Developing proposals to redesign fielded products to resolve DMS issues
- Leading the Hardware team to a perform design upgrades / re-spins
- Developing tools and processes to optimize DMS management across multiple product lines
If you are looking to be immersed in a myriad of new technical challenges, this role is for you!
At BAE Systems, we thrive in a diverse and dynamic team oriented environment with principles of respect and trust. Our engineers interact with colleagues and peers of various disciplines and backgrounds to arrive at innovative solutions to problems. We encourage collaboration and foster an environment of knowledge sharing and continuous learning. Take the first step towards achieving your career goals with us and apply today!
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
- 6+ years' experience working on circuit card design
- Ability to propose, plan, and then lead an engineering development project
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner and lead others to closure - Own the Design
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Active or previously held Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with microwave, digital and analog circuits and components
- Experience working on DMS programs
- Cost Account Management experience using Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience performing design verification of circuit card assemblies
- Experience leading the development of software tools to drive efficiencies in work flow.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website