In support of a Business Area with over $1 billion in annual revenue and material spend in the hundreds of million across a very diverse set suppliers and commodities / categories, directs the daily operation and leads and coordinates cradle to grave procurement activities. This individual is accountable for the technical, financial, schedule and quality performance of the supply base, as well as the proactive coordination of the internal team support necessary for success.
Lead and manage a team of Procurement professionals at various experience levels in proposal preparation, negotiations, contract award, supplier management, and execution to meet or exceed business requirements. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers. Responsible for procurement compliance, Cost/Price Analysis and continuous improvement (Root Cause & Corrective action) to optimize supplier performance and to achieve Zero Defects. Assist Compliance Managers to develop, implement, and direct policies, practices, and procedures that are in accordance with federal, commercial, state/local, and/or international Procurement regulations.
Coordinate activities among BAE Systems Supply Chain Managers, Integrated Product Team/Program Leads and Engineering to develop supply chain and material / commodity strategies across a broad spectrum of materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly specialized nature to support business winning and operational excellence. Ensure quick resolution of technical and programmatic issues by leveraging and integrating the capabilities of the entire organization. Participate in and contribute to Management Reviews, technical meetings, partner assessments and audits. Generate and author Supply Chain / Management Plans compliant to Command Media and identify measures for managing subcontractors. Prepare and present briefings to Program and Management as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the understanding of the role of procurement in complex industries.
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Strong working experience developing and implementing category / commodity strategies across a broad range of Electrical, Electro-Mechanical and Mechanical technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual and performance issues with suppliers.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team.
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a “make it happen” attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 8 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- Technical Background (Ability to read drawings)
- Graduate Degree in a related field.
- 8 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
- Secret clearance or secret eligible.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website