BAE Systems is seeking Mobility Service Center (MSC) Program Manager to support our customer in Bluemont, VA. This position will supervise contract staff on the MSC that provides 24 x 7 wireless technologies support for both voice and data communications. The team also includes Tier III system engineers to support Mobile Device Management (MDM), and Microsoft Office 365 (O365). This also include system engineering support for technology update and refresh efforts, managing tasks and activities at the project level, and providing program management and centralized coordinated management of all related projects.
- Ensure that program and project goals are accomplished and align with business objectives for the MSC as it relates to telecommunications-related projects. Apply tools, skills, and techniques to tasks and activities to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating activities, and providing documentation for all technology and business unit projects within the MSC to support the customer mission.
- Manage team in conducting baseline inventories, streamlining processes and procedures, and participation in work groups to improve customer satisfaction and efficiencies resulting in possible cost savings.
- Leverage “best practices” from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) to manage MSC projects. The goals of this methodology is to promote project consistency across the program; help decision-makers determine resource allocation; ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget; identify risks and plan appropriate risk responses; and manage warranties, contracts, and data required to deliver and track cellular wireless, wire line, mobility and satellite managed services for FEMA.
- Incorporate organizational (CM) change management principles into the MSC program and project management delivery approach, and ensure that expectations are managed, stakeholders are continually informed of project status; and project management standards are rapidly established and followed.
- Work with FEMA MSC management to schedule contractor support and ensure sufficient coverage based on the performance work statement (PWS).
- Ensuring staff are properly trained, and working with staff to refresh skills when needed.
- Implements appropriate controls and quality assurance; ensures adherence to FEMA processes and procedures, consistent and efficient trouble resolution, error reduction, and continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with benefits, risks and challenges) while providing thought leadership to stakeholders in solving process and/or technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Provide leadership for MSC team at all levels including daily supervision, coaching, performance management and development.
- Oversee and act as an escalation point for all IT requests, incidents and vendor management.
- Solve problems, make decisions and collaborate with other members of the leadership team on a daily basis relative to MSC responsibilities.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends to the IT department and other business partners on a regular schedule or as needed.
- Help train MSC staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 15-20 Years of telecommunications experience
- Experience developing and executing IT projects
- National Call Center experience
- Executive Management experience in both remote and onsite locations
- Experience providing executive level decisions to meet contract and program goals
- Familiarity with the FEMA Service Center program processes and procedures
- 24 x 7 availability
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- ITIL certification
- Certification(s) in mobile device management and security
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Information Technology- intensive discipline
- Ability to receive and hold a Public Trust security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website