BAE Systems, Weapons Systems, Field Service division (formerly known as “Land & Armaments”) is looking to immediately hire a motivated MK-41 Vertical Launching Systems (VLS) technician for our East Coast operations. SMT/TD not required; but, having those certifications would certainly be accepted and negotiated. Primary location will be in Norfolk; but, work is sometimes performed in our detachment in Jacksonville, FL, Pascagoula, MS, Europe and other overseas locations. Being one of the largest defense contractors in the world, BAE offers competitive salaries and a substantial benefits package. New hire is needed to:
- Execute MK-41 VLS field service projects including Aegis Modernization efforts on Navy warships (esp. VLS Ordnance Alterations (ORDALTS); MK-41 launcher preservation and deluge valve refurbishments; uptake and cell hatch overhauls, R-26 testing and other similar VLS efforts.
- Solve technical problems where investigation is often required.
- Assemble, install, test, maintain and repair MK-41 VLS ordnance equipment.
- Provide work direction to field service teams on MK-41 tasks. Provide necessary training to ensure requirements are met.
- Assemble, install test, maintain and repair products and ensures products are in compliance with customer requirements.
- Analyze system deficiencies and provides design change input to engineering.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to the component level such as subsystem failures, mechanical and servo-system misalignments. Document the problem, develops procedures and communicates recommended corrective action to the customer.
- Perform pre-overhaul system inspections and prepares detailed reports outlining discrepancies and recommended corrective actions.
- May serve as an on-board technical expert during ship trials at sea.
- Maintain configuration control databases and is responsible for all logistics functions for assigned field service projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline, industry practices, trends and applications. Advise management on new developments and programs.
- May direct the work of less senior personnel.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Share responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
High school or GED
Two years of relevant work experience on U.S. Navy MK-41 Vertical Launch System "VLS"..
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Prior USN MK-41 VLS training and OJT is a plus.
A general knowledge of computer applications to perform technical and administrative duties would also be beneficial.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website