BAE Systems is looking for a Microelectronics Packaging Director. This position can be located at any of our major locations within the Electronic Systems sector.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Responsibilities for our Microelectronics Packaging Director include:
- Direct digital, mixed signal, and millimeter wave IC packaging activities and staffing for program tasks totaling $15M+ per year
- Primary contact with product line leadership to ensure program execution
- Define strategic IC packaging capability plans and roadmaps by collecting inputs from internal/external SMEs
- Defines and/or establishes IC packaging design and fabrication processes consistent with company-wide policies and procedures
- Develops operating budgets, schedules, and performance standards in support of packaging design financial and staff planning
- Coordinate external packaging services
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 12 years of experience
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Proven record of leading multiple IC packaging teams including analog, RF, millimeter-wave, digital, MCMs, MCPs, SiPs, and SoCs with 10+ staff geared toward RF military electronics and leveraging commercial technologies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan/manage/execute large EMD and production programs in excess of $15M
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability and desire to mentor early through late career team members
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website