Come join us this position may be eligible for a sign on bonus.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
C4ISR:In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Operations: Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
Performs complex assembly or modification tasks on electronic and mechanical components, subassemblies and systems.
Job Title: First Article Inspector Department: Production/Fabrication
Reports To: Production Supervisor/Inspection Lead
Overview: The qualified candidate will perform complex visual/dimensional inspections for manufactured products, components, assemblies as well as verify and inspect incoming material to ensure specification and quality standards are met.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Minimum Background, Experience and Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years' experience as a mechanical/quality inspector within a production atmosphere
- Basic Math skills
- Strong Desire to learn on the job
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Must be able to organize to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of ESD handling, standard safety procedures and PPE requirements
- Reliable transportation, professional appearance and attitude
- Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and communication skills
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Responsibilities Tasks and Skills
- Works from blueprints, drawings, process sheets, engineering change orders, and written and verbal instruction to inspect mechanically complex parts, subassemblies and assemblies against required quality standards.
- Identifies defects, follows company procedures operations sheets
- Inspects parts, subassemblies and assemblies after rework, modifications or repairs to verify defects have been corrected and ensure continuity to drawings, prints, etc.
- Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues and problem resolution.
- May conduct quality audits to confirm processes are being accurately completed.
- Assists in the training of lower level inspectors.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Use mathematics to convert blueprint dimension and tolerances.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website