The Material Supervisor has overall responsibility for the day-to- day activities of one warehouse facility totaling over 20,000 sq. ft. This warehouse is located in Great Mills, MD. The position oversees all operations related to material storage, facility maintenance, organization, receiving, order fulfillment, inventory control, and shipments to our customers. This position requires working with retailers, suppliers, delivery companies, and repair companies. The Warehouse Supervisor will interface frequently with BAE Systems Project Leads, Program Leads, and other project personnel such as analysts, quality control, production engineers, etc. The Warehouse Supervisor ensures that workplace health and safety requirements are met and is responsible for the security of the building and stock. Ensures productivity targets are met and maintains computerized administration and automated storage and retrieval systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manage day-to-day operations of warehouse, including: shipping, receiving, procurement, freight, small package, hazmat, pcard, nerp, maintenance, repairs, etc.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintenance of the facility and warehouse equipment including coordination and management of vendors completing repairs or providing site services
- Maintains warehouse staff by supervising, recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Lead and develop warehouse team to deliver unparalleled customer service
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Maintain high levels of accuracy in daily operations
- Strategically planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer service
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of supply oriented experience (Additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for the degree)
Experience in LIMS or IMMS
Experience in leading small teams
Experience coordinating carriers for crate and small package deliveries
Experience creating work requests
Experience coordinating system pack outs to end user
Experience with inventory reconciliation as a supply lead
Ability to pass a background check for access to military bases
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Cat 3 Non-Cab Crane Safety Training
Ridding Gear Inspection Training
Navy ERP access
BAE Systems PCARD holder
Knowledge of Costpoint
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website