Are you looking for a career with a company that supports those who protect us? BAE Systems Jacksonville Florida Ship Repair division has an opportunity for you.
Our Paint department team is seeking individuals who are interested. The selected candidates will be required to perform the duties and responsibilities listed below.
As a Shipyard/Marine painter you will work to prepare, paint, or repaint the surfaces of marine vessels and equipment. In this industrial painting specialty, you need to develop the skills to paint on the different surfaces used in shipbuilding. You may prep surfaces, apply paint, or remove previous colors from wood, fiberglass, or metal. Other preparation responsibilities may involve mixing paint to required specifications. Your duties could also include sanding, operating a blaster, scraping paint or imperfections from used boats, and applying other coatings, such as waterproof membranes or epoxy.
Must comply with Company safety rules and OSHA standards. Must handle hazardous materials/waste in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and in accordance with procedures.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The following are the required skills the selected candidate will need to exhibit for consideration.
Must be able to obtain and maintain Defense Biometric Identification Systems "DBIDS" Access Card.
Must complete practical demonstration of skills listed.
Must be able to tour all vessels, piers, docks and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Specific requirements include the following:
1. Lift/push/pull 50 lbs. to 100 lbs. on an occasional basis (0-33% of the day).
2. Lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs. on a frequent basis (34-66% of the day).
3. Demonstrate the ability to bend, squat, crouch, crawl and kneel.
4. Demonstrate the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing, includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders and
5. Perform prolonged standing (2-3 hours).
6. Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. Waist, eye, above head).
7. Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment.
8. Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
9. Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
10. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles,
respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards.
11. Ability to withstand extreme temperatures (cold and hot).
12. Ability to enter 18” x 36” openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time (33-
66% of the day).
13. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands.
14. Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
15. Ability to work at heights above 12' while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or manlifts.
16. Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and
17. Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by
means of receptors in the hands and fingers.
18. Ability to turn head from side to side and about on the vertical axis.
19. Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
SSPC certifications, C7, C12, C13, C14 or CAS II preferred but not required for this position level.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website