This job requisition is for a highly motivated, self-starting individual who is looking to have ownership over initiatives and opportunities for visibility and leadership within a fast paced and dynamic organization.
Major areas of responsibility include analyzing defect data and leading root cause and corrective action, designing tools and fixtures for the manufacturing floor. leading continuous improvement projects for operations.
The job responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Design a wide verity of tools consistent with standard tool configuration, including cutting and forming tools.
- Study blueprints and determine tool specifications and requirements by interfacing with manufacturing staff to determine the best design for tooling
- Developing manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Perform calculations to determine exact dimensions, materials required and cost of the tools
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or Technical discipline).
- Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees
- Experience in root cause/corrective action - preventive action
- Excellent Communication skills
- Tool/fixture design
- Capacity to drive positive change in an organization's culture
- Effective decision making track record
- Proven ability to motivate and manage people effectively
- Ability to effectively facilitate projects in a technical multi-organizational environment
- Extensive experience in applying lean principles throughout the value stream
- Strong leadership, coaching, and team building skills
- Well-rounded business knowledge with focus on the customer
- Excellent communication, organizational, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Solid problem solving and analytical abilities
- High level of personal and professional integrity
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website