We are looking for an energetic, creative Human Resource Manager for our Ft. Wayne, Indiana location(s). The selected individual will have responsibility for Human Resource matters across two locations in the FT Wayne area. The individual will also manage two direct reports to accomplish the administration of Human Resources at both sites. Duties and responsibilities include the following: Heavy Labor Relations activity and administration of all union contract provisions on behalf of the Company/Management. Oversight and delivery of Human Resource (HR) related programs and services for the Ft Wayne sites, Proactive Employee Relations: including investigations, timely case resolution, trend analysis and intervention, policy interpretation and guidance, Employment Law and regulatory compliance, workforce onboarding and assimilation for the site, assist organizations with workforce planning, change management and fostering an environment of inclusion. The individual will be expected to act as a cultural steward in alignment with the business values and cultural principles, be a stake holder on organizational site teams and also contribute/lead functional projects.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Typical Education and Experience:
BS degree in an applicable field
10 plus years of experience in Human Resources.
Two years of experience in a leadership role of others.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing people, teams and projects/initiatives from concept through implementation.
- Labor Relations skills: negotiating contracts, complaint/grievance resolution, creative thinking to operate within contract requirements. Previous work experience with a represented workforce is a must.
- A strategic, out of the box thinker that displays confidence, calm and thoughtful engagement with others.
- Strong Employee Relations and conflict resolution skills
- Has the ability to separate themselves personally from confrontation and/or situations (avoid taking things personal) and can work to resolve differences in a positive manner.
- Demonstrates solid judgement in all things HR.
- Ability to coach and influence others.
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively with employees and leaders at multiple levels.
- Demonstrates creative solutioning skills to address complex issues (thoughtful, creative, progressive, compliant).
- A thoughtful advocate for Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace.
- Detail oriented with an eye toward compliance.
- Ability to navigate difficult situations and effectively handle conflict.
- Responsive, strong follow through skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Ability to utilize analytics and determine root cause analysis.
- A self-starter that is passionate about HR, Organizational and People effectiveness.
- Extensive understanding and application of Federal and State employment regulations inclusive of wage and hour, FMLA and ADA.
- A minimum of 8+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a people manager (i.e. managing direct reports)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Leading projects and teams effectively; concept development, project planning and implementation
- SPHR Preferred
- Previous HR Experience in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Previous HR Experience in a Matrix organization with a Shared Services Model
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website